1x Vintage Silk Kimono Panel Traditional Scarf (as shown in photographs) *branded with handstitched woven label
This beautiful vintage silk kimono panel has been upcycled to an infinity scarf. Please note that this is ONE long scarf without any looping. This is made of one long panel (approx 1m long) half-width remnant which are quite hard to come by.
This scarf now uses a different construction process which takes much longer but allows for a better finish.
Each scarf is one of a kind.
This scarf is only available with longer panel remnants - and is largely dependant on whether or not this is available in my random shipments from Japan.
Whilst the Medley is a casual kind of scarf, the Reversible Scarf is a bit dressier and will be great if you work in a more formal setting or great for a fancy night out. It is also lined with satin, so there's a bit of sheen, and it feels a bit more luxurious and smooth on the skin.
HOW TO WEAR IT
1. Drape around your neck - 2 ways: You can face the long kimono panel out (with blank ends), or face the long blank panel out (with kimono ends) or
2. Loop it around, once (fix the ends however you want them showing) or
3. Loop it around, once - make sure one end is longer than the other. Slip the longer end through the loop around your neck, and tie the two ends together. Fix the ends however you want them showing: this is for a shorter tied look or
4. Fold the scarf in half and drape around your neck. Take the two ends and put them through the loop. Adjust which way you want the ends facing out.
5. Drape around your neck - and tie. And I'm sure there are other ways of wearing too!
I'm also sure some of you can be creative and use these as belts too.
The "upper" layer is a semi-sheen woven silk of round pattern blocks mostly orange, yellow and green and features various flowers. On the reverse is a semi-sheen woven silk of a golden orangey dyed effect, with underlying samekomon pattern.
It is paired with a silky semi-sheen taupe-like colour satin fabric.
All kimono silks were imported directly from Japan. Please be advised that none of the fabrics have been prewashed (unless it was cleaned by the supplier) and the vintage kimono silk is estimated from the 1980s and is in very good condition. Due to the nature of satin, a warm iron on "silk" setting may be required every now and then to remove creases, otherwise not necessary if tied. As a handmade item and nature of vintage silk, please allow for some imperfections however most fabric is in excellent condition - thank you for your understanding.
Measurements are rough and are the minimum (ie. it will most likely be longer but not more than by extra 15cm length or 5cm width).
Approx 150-160cm (varies)
-Please supervise children if you choose to let them wear this item
-All items were handmade, so please allow for differences in the measurements. Slight imperfections are normal visible knots and slight creases from hand sewing - these will be QCd prior and avoided as much as possible.
-Dry cleaning is best for this item. Any handwashing is done at your own risk (you can search up how to wash a kimono, but I cannot guarantee it will work as each piece of fabric is different)
-Due to computer screens and photography, the colours may have slight differences to the actual product.
HANDMADE IN SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA